Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hello Pete!


Last night Pete came to me in a dream. Happens very infrequently, but I'm always happy when he shows up to spend a little time with me...because I miss him very, very much. Even more than I ever thought I would.

In my dream, as I was walking down the street — who knows where?? — and I turned the corner, there he was — leaning against the building wall, in his cool tshirt and jeans, circa 1980's style, smoking a cig, looking at me and smiling like a cheshire cat... that mischievous smile that was so common for him. Looked at me and said, "Wassup, sis?" I was so shocked to see him, I was at first a bit speechless. Then I just started hugging him and laughing and laughing. And he was laughing with me and picked me up and did a swing-around.

"Nothing's up with me, brother, except that I'm so glad to see you right here right now! Are you okay, honey?"

"Awww sure, I'm fine, just fine. I miss you too."

With that we broke into another laughing and hugging thing, which lasted a long, long time it seemed like. But then it ended abruptly and he was gone. And I was alone again.

I awoke very quickly at that point, and felt that I truly had been in the presence of my wonderful brother. I was elated and renewed, as I always am when he visits. I just wish he would visit more often!

k




No comments:

Post a Comment